A Brooklyn woman who was electrocuted by a downed power line three years ago had an eerily similar encounter Thursday night when a live wire from a transformer explosion left her trapped inside her home.
Lisa Grieco, 56 — who narrowly escaped death with her daughter in 2017 when power lines caused an electrical fire at their Dyker Heights house — was in her living room when at about 9:45 p.m. she heard another explosion.
“I felt like I was going to die,” Grieco, who again, was with her daughter at the time, told The Post of the harrowing ordeal. “We were in the living room and we just heard an explosion. Boom! I thought, ‘god, not again!’”
Grieco has sued Con Edison from the 2017 incident that also electrocuted her then 18-year-old daughter, Lena Grieco. Though injured, the two were able to escape the blaze.
Lena, now 21, said Thursday night was like “déjà vu.”
“My mom was crying,” the daughter said. “This is the second time! We were screaming. We’re terrified, we have like PTSD from the last time,” she said.
The family said Con Edison and the FDNY responded to the electrical explosion. But the fire department told them “not to leave the house” oin Thursday night because of the live wire.
Con Edison reported two outages, one in front of the home and the other outside their neighbors.