Breaking News: Prince Philip is laid to rest at Windsor Castle

Breaking News: Prince Philip is laid to rest at Windsor Castle
Breaking News: Prince Philip is laid to rest at Windsor Castle

Queen Elizabeth II said goodbye to her Prince Philip at his funeral at Windsor Castle on Saturday, alone in her pew but joined in grief by the royal family and millions watching across the globe.

For seven decades, she has been sovereign of her realms, but Elizabeth  who appeared to dab away a tear before the service  seemed poignantly small under the echoing stones of St. George’s Chapel, lowering her head to mourn her beloved consort of 73 years, as widows of any rank and fortune might .

Just 30 black-clad mourners were allowed inside the med­ieval chapel on the grounds of the 950-year-old castle for the last farewell and Royal Vault interment of Philip, who died April 9 at age 99.

The queen, 94, sat alone due to strict social-distancing restrictions, but nearby her four children — Prince Charles, Prince Andrew, Princess Anne and Prince Edward — were seated in groups with their own children.

Charles, 72, the future king, fought back tears  as he led the foot procession of his father’s coffin from castle to church.

He and his wife, Camilla Parker-Bowles, blinked back still more tears during the low-key service, which started 3 p.m. after a minute of silence observed across the United Kingdom

We have been inspired by his unwavering loyalty to our queen, by his service to the nation and the Commonwealth, by his courage, fortitude and faith,” the dean of Windsor, David Conner, said in his call to prayer.

Perhaps the biggest mystery of the intimate ceremony — would there be frost or tenderness between Charles’ two feuding sons, Prince William, an eventual king, and his ­royalty-renouncing brother, Prince Harry unfolded with quiet dignity.

Total
1
Shares
Leave a Reply
Previous Article
Chet Hanks’ ex-girlfriend Kiana Parker sues him for $1M over abuse

Chet Hanks’ ex-girlfriend Kiana Parker sues him for $1M over abuse

Next Article
Derek Chauvin former Minneapolis police officer on Tuesday was found guilty of murder in the death George Floyd during an arrest last year 25 May 2020

Derek Chauvin Finds guilty on all charges in the death of George Floyd by Jury, Remanded in the custody of Sheriff

Related Posts